6.21.2010

Challenge #1: Get 6 weeks into one suitcase.

I have my "what to bring" list all done, now I have to fit it into one suitcase and one carry on. That is a challenge. I have a tendency to always overpack even when I am trying to be conscienous about what I bring with me. The first thing I packed was my washkit, and it took me a half hour to fir everything just right. Then, when I was able to zip it up, I thought, this may be too heavy. That leads to another dilemma, the suitcase has to be less than 50 pounds. I have been charged for overweight luggage before, so this is a great dilemma.

How am I supposed to fit enough clothes, toiletries, etc. for 6 weeks into one 50 pound bag? I will be able to do laundry, but I don't want to waste a day doing laundry, I want to get as much in as I can for the short period that I am there.

I have finished packing and everything fits into my suitcase! And it weighs exactly 50 pounds. That was really lucky. I have my Italian dictionary, puzzle books, reading books, camera, ipod and everything ready to go for my 7 hour plane ride tomorrow. I have a playlist ready to go. I'm not sure if it has really hit me yet that I leave TOMORROW!

Today I signed up for the GRE's, senior year starts in two months and I leave for Italy tomorrow, something that I have been talking about since I started college. At times like this you just realize that life moves way to fast, sometimes it is hard to keep up. In the past week, I have also been missing my friends from school so much, and the worst part is that when I get back, few of them will even be there. It is a scary thought and can't believe that my last year of college is here already.

I need to live in the moment for the next six weeks, take in as much as I can, try to speak in Italian as much as I can and enjoy myself.

I just need to breathe and enjoy the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment