6.02.2010

Appreciate the flowers, the sunlight, the trees. Take it all in. If you appreciate life's beauty you discover that you're surrounded by it.

As I sit on top of the Big Quabbin Mountain looking over the Quabbin Reservoir I feel tranquility and peace. I can't help but think of Enfield, the town that sits beneath these waters. Thousands of people used to live here and they were forced out of their homes and the places they grew up never to return again. Could you imagine? It is very hard to imagine but it could happen to any of us. We may just live in a perfect landscape for something like this to occur, and we may not be as important as the project that needs to be done. They don't care that you live there or that it is the place you know the best and the place that feels like home, they only care about themselves. It is crazy to think about something like this, but in reality it could happen. This place is so peaceful and beautiful though, that makes it hard. It is a place of tranquility for me, a place where I can get away from everyday life.

There are hundreds of bees that are flying through the tiny flowers on the grass beneath me. You can hear birds chirping and the wind blowing through the trees. Silence. How often do you hear complete silence like this? Not very often. Every so often a car will drive by, but no one has stopped. It is like they know I am looking for peace right now and they don't want to disrupt me. I can hear a plane flying through the sky. There are very few clouds to be seen today, it is such a clear and beautiful day.

I am so confused about life right now, that is what I am thinking about in this silence. I am not sure if being alone with my thoughts is a good or bad thing. I can't see things clearly. I can listen to peoples advice about what to do but they are not me and cannot make the decision for me. It's easy to enjoy the tranquility but sometimes you cannot just stop thinking about the stresses of life to look around and enjoy what is right there in front of you. I just need to put everything on the back burner right now and just enjoy the beauty of the world if just for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment