5.15.2010

goodbye class of 2010

dear the class of 2010,

I cannot even put into words what you all mean to me. You have been my support system and my inspirations since I got here three years ago. Today, you all walked across that stage and received that diploma that you have worked so hard for the past four years, and you all deserve it and I am so unbelievably proud of each of you. I can't believe my time at Assumption with you has ended but I know it is not the end. You are all going to do amazing in the world and the places you are going and the things you are doing reminds me that there is nothing to be afraid of. Take risks, take that leap of faith and go where your heart leads you.

the things i will remember the most:

- margarita dates at mezcal
- llc 302 for taking me in
- bodos runs before class
- procrastinating and watching all 3 seasons of Roswell
- couch time
- going to leits when i should be writing a paper
- bonding with the searchies in 6r
- squeaks
- cheese-less grilled cheese

- meeting in the llc at 5:27
- "i think im still drunk can you drive me to bodos"
- coming out of my room singing
- people judging me because i like to sit in the dark

- greetings from the struggle bus
- the girls of north 301
- being a "senior"
- "Don't judge me, I'm a senior, its what we do"
- this party makes me feel like i need more vodka
- the things I've learned in college
- st. luke's (don't think I will need any explanation for that right squeaks?!?!)
- lalalalalaaaa lalalalalalalalalaaaa <3>
- buddies
and so many more memories that I don't have time to list.

"The $95,000 debt was worth it because I made the best friends I could ask for."


You are all amazing and the best people I know, without you I probably would have transferred and been miserable but because of you I have become a slacker in school, and always wait until the last minute because you always make me feel welcome and want to hang out, and in the end, you don't remember the tests you took or the papers you wrote, you do remember the people that made this place your home and made everyday worth it.

I want to leave you with some words of wisdom: (yes, from the girl who stabbed herself with scissors and had to get five stitches)

Words of advice that my Life's Little Instructions poster tells me everyday:


sing in the shower. strive for excellence, not perfection. learn three clean jokes. leave everything a little better than you found it. think big thoughts but relish small pleasures. make new friends but cherish the old ones. never underestimate the power of love. live your live as an exclamation, not an explanation. count your blessings.

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow, And each road leads you where you want to go, And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose, I hope you choose the one that means the most to you, And if one door opens to another door closed, I hope you keep on walkin' til you find the window, If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile, But more than anything, My wish for you, Is that this life becomes all that you want it to, Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small, You never need to carry more than you can hold, And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to, I hope you know somebody loves you, And wants the same things too, Yeah, this is my wish, I hope you never look back but you never forget, All the ones who love you and the place you left, I hope you always forgive and you never regret, And you help somebody every chance you get, Oh, you'd find God's grace in every mistake, And always give more than you take.



Like I said at the beginning, take risks, take a leap of faith, because you have all taught me that taking a leap of faith is one in itself, try something new, meet new people, but don't forget what you learned here and that people that made it great, because without you all, this would not have been the best three years of my life.

TO THE CLASS OF 2010, THANK YOU. GOOD LUCK AND I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.

REMEMBER IT'S NOT GOODBYE, IT'S SEE YOU LATER.


love always,

stitches

1 comment:

  1. greetings from the struggle bus. thanks for making me cry. <3

    ReplyDelete