5.18.2010

30 reasons to be happy


So, as I sat in the admissions office one day, someone was writing a list to their friend of 30 reasons they should be happy. So since the past few days as been tough for me and I am now leaving my home (aka Assumption College) to go back to my other "home" (New York, which is now just a place where my family is, and where I visit every once in a while), I decided that I need to list the 30 reasons why I should be happy.

30 Reasons I'm Happy

1. I have the best friends in the world and even though they have just graduated and moved on, there are few that I have not spoken to since we said goodbye.

2. I do well in school.

3. I am a leader, not a follower.

4. My bed is like a cloud.

5. The Yankees are beating the Red Sox, as it should be.

6. I'm a funny person.

7. Boston Donuts has the best flavored coffee in the world and Bodo's dates are the best.

8. I get to spend most of my summer living in Rome, and I have been saving for years to pay for it.

9. Music speaks the words that I cannot.

10. 'Friends' can always make me smile.

11. "Be the change you wish to see in the world" -Ghandi.

12. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

13. I have taken a leap of faith.

14. I struggle sometimes but I love being a part of the struggle bus show.

15. There are endless opportunities ahead.

16. I fall off air mattresses while I sleep. (Again, proving that I am a funny person).

17. My ipod, camera and now computer are all purple. And I love purple!

18. I love when I find a really good book that I can't put down until the end.

19. For the first time, last week I just kept driving to see where I would end up. I got caught up with my singing and my thoughts and wanted to see where the road would take me.

20. There are two places I have found where I feel completely at peace with the world.

21. I love learning about the ocean and all of the creatures that live there. It reminds me that there is a huge world out there of the unknown.

22. Cheese-less grilled cheese.

23. Couch time.

24. Eating M&M's that magically appear from my sweatshirt pocket.

25. I have some big goals I have set for myself, however I know that life doesn't always turn out the way you planned, but it's okay because everything happens for a reason.

26. Whoops!

27. Being a leader on SEARCH and START retreats. I learn so much about myself and my faith from the amazing people I meet.

28. The things I've learned in college and all that comes with it.

29. I get to be reunited with all my friends this weekend on the cape.

30. I am writing my own story.


So, this list was a lot harder to write than I thought it would be. Not that I don't think that I do not have at least 30 reasons to be happy, but just because it is hard to put feelings into words, especially when I feel like I am trying so hard to find the right words.

So I propose you to do the same. Whether things are going great or you are in a slump, sit down and remember what makes you happy.

2 comments:

  1. My favorites are 1, 7, 14, 22, 24, 27 (shout out for being a favorite START leader of mine even though I was never in your group), 29, and 30.

    I am ignoring 5's existence because it's on my sh*t list.

    But of course, I'm psyched for you that you came up with more than 12 reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this shannon, 30 reasons are the best. i am so envious you are going to rome, you are going to love it!! wish i could head back to europe right now...

    ReplyDelete